Friday, September 21, 2007

Ok, Ok...

So, here I am updating my post, cause I sure don't want to sit in on any more of those meetings.
I hope everyone is enjoying their Friday at work, I am having a pretty busy day. Took Brandon to get the wisdom teeth out this morning. All went well, except he was supposed to eat something like pudding and take a pain pill before the numbness wore off. However, I could not get him to wake up. He was really knocked out, much more that Whitney was when she had hers taken out. Maybe it's because he has been clean for 6 months and the addict in him just really reacted to the drugs? So, you probably guessed it, when he finally woke up he was in pretty much pain. I made him eat, gave him a pill and an ice pack. Hopefully he will go back to sleep. I am hoping the pain pills work well for him. He told the doctor that he was a recovering alcoholic in treatment and wanted non narcotic pain meds. I must say, that was one of my proudest moments of him.
So, other than that, I have been doing laundry and got Whitney's birthday presents wrapped. I also got the bathroom downstairs cleaned and have my cleaning supplies for the one upstairs sitting on the steps waiting for me. It's nice to get things done, but it has beend pretty tiring. I actually got to sleep till 6:00 this morning though, that was nice.
I guess that's it for now, talk to you all later!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Good for Brandon. It sounds like he is making some responsible choices. Today was pretty uneventful upstairs. I'm not sure about Angie's room though. We missed you!!

Kim said...

Yeah, the "old" Brandon would never have told the doctor that, would have gotten all the narcotics he could have, and loved it. It's nice to see him this way. I'm glad the day was uneventful, I'm sure there was lots of fun in Angie's room, there always is!