Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Stupid , Dumb Dentist appointment

Whitney and I went to the dentist today for our check ups and cleanings. Now, this normally goes like this, we both get our teeth cleaned, no problems with me, he finds some work that needs to be done on Whitney, we make the appointment and leave. Today was a little bit different. Of course, Whitney needs a filling and another ( the third ) cap, ( I figure she's only got 2 more to go after this one for a total of 5 root canaled teeth) but as I was about to get my teeth cleaned, the hygenist decides it's been some time since I've had X - rays, and we'd better do them. I should have stopped her there and went home them. Actually I should have never even went. Anyway, on with the story. So, like a good patient, I say sure and we get the X rays. Still no problem, at least not until Dr. Rotella comes in and looks at the x rays. He decides I have a big cavity and I am also going to need a cap. HMMM???? What the heck are you talking about? I said, You are making a big mistake Dr. Rotella, I'm sure that's not a cavity. He assured me it was. I then told him that he must be looking at Whitney's X rays and not mine, I don't have these problems. He then assures me they are indeed , my x rays. I say we'll that just can't be, because you said it was on the bottom left and I don't numb on the bottom so it seems to me we ( or to be more precise, ME) have a pretty big problem. So, he promises me he will numb me , I have been promised this before and still don't numb. I told him he had better have his gas real handy. I am terribly scared. I put off the appointment until January 18th. Maybe the tooth will start hurting me by then and getting it fixed won't seem so bad. I kind of doubt it though. My appointment is at 8:00 in the morning, I will not go to work that day. I will plan on being scared and possibly crying instead. Whitney will get her cap started on the 8th of January. She also has an appointment for other work on the 21st of November when I am already off work. I am really sad that I even went to the dentist. I am really scared. My day off kind of sucked. I think today will be my last check up at the dentist. Ever. I hate my tooth.

No comments: