Friday, April 13, 2007

almost over

So, I can't believe spring break's almost over. Maybe that's not such a bad thing, I've worked way too hard this week! It actually took 2 coats of paint for all the trim in my room ( sucks) and those darn skylights. The one over our bed is up higher than the others and I had to get on the third step on the ladder to stretch and reach it, I was scared. I had Whitney hold the ladder for me, how funny is that? Funny as it sounds, it was actually comforting, at least if I would have fallen someone would have known I guess. I ended up working way too much on that crap and Pierre ended up getting hurt again. See, Daryl and I have our box spring and mattress on the floor due to re decorating in the bedroom. Well, ever since Pierre hurt his back and neck in December, his back legs are weak and he just can't jump on and off of things anymore. We are aware of this and that's why we carry him up and down the stairs and don't let him jump on the couch anymore. So last night when we were upstairs and no one was looking, he got on the bed and then jumped off, seriously it was only about a foot and a half. We actually saw the end of the jumping off part, it was real scary. He yelped and yelped and flopped around and couldn't stand up. Daryl and I were freaking out. Daryl picked him up and then I took him cause Daryl thought he was dying and was freaking ( ok, so now I know for sure neither one of us will ever be able to put him to sleep, he is just as bad about this stuff as I am ). When we finally got brave enough to put him on the floor we could see that his back was hurt again. I gave him one of his muscle relaxers from before and he seemed somewhat ok last night. I took him to the vet this morning and he got a shot of steroids and pain meds again. She did say this injury wasn't as bad as the one in December. I did get him in quicker this time too. Poor Pierre, he just doesn't understand that he is old and can't do that stuff anymore. We have to really be watchful of him and careful too. He just got his hair cut yesterday too, as least he looked spiffy for the vet.
Talked to Diane yesterday, they say she will get to come home Saturday, I sure hope she makes it back to work Monday, I'd say she needs to get back to work to have a break!
Is anyone enjoying As the World Turns this week? I must say, I do love Cleo, she is funny. I hope Jade doesn't warp her and make her evil, but she probably will.
This weather totally stinks, I guess it's not going to get warm anytime soon. I was hoping it would, I am tired of wearing winter clothes.
Guess I better go and watch the stories again and baby Pierre!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Sorry to hear about Pierre's injury. I'm glad he's okay though.

Man, on ATWT, Katie really messed with Henry's mind when she married him. I like he and Vienna together. She really loves him for him or so it seems. I have at least one magazine for ya on Monday. I hope this weekend goes by slow so we can all enjoy our last weekend before the insanity really begins.

Kim said...

I like Henry and Vienna together too. Katie is stupid and I do not want to see her with Jack! Brad is starting to grow on me, he is funny