Sunday, December 9, 2007

Ripped off

I am really upset today. I got a letter in the mail yesterday from one of my credit card companies saying they upped my credit limit. I decided to check it out online today and was horrified to see that someone ( not me ) has been charging things online on this particular card everyday ( sometimes more than once a day ) since November 28th. I am dumbfounded. This card has been literally locked up where NO ONE could have gotten it for a year. I have a whole stack of them that I locked away from myself. Luckily the charges are only around $400 at this point. I called today and they put a freeze on the account, but I am supposed to call a bank tomorrow about all the fraudulent charges. I sure hope someone hasn't gotten ahold of my social security number. Stupid, mean, dishonest people. I can't wait until I talk to someone tomorrow and they tell me where the purchases the person made are going. I mean, they have to have a shipping address right? They sure aren't coming here. I am not a happy camper.
On a lighter note, Ricky asked Whitney to marry him on Friday. They are funny. He has her ring in layaway, but wanted a ring to propose to her, so he got her a ring to do that with. It is 18kt. gold over silver and it has a red heart on it. She loves it and thinks it's the prettiest thing she ever saw. It is, of course, too big for her finger and she has it on a chain around her neck. It is actually pretty. She has been showing it to everyone. She is at "Woodstock's" house right now. I'm sure she has shown it to her parents and they probably think I am an awful parent for not sheltering her from all the big bad guys and babying her, but I say she is having the time of her life. And anyway, who am I to tell her that she can't have relationships and feelings like the rest of the world? I can't do that because she does have feelings and she is taken care of. She is actually having a pretty "normal" life and that's what I've always wished for for her. So there. Anyway, I told Ricky that he should just let that be her engagement ring and save his money because she loves it and is telling everyone that it's her engagement ring anyway. We'll see if he takes my advice. Life sure is sweet when people aren't stealing your money. I know it will be ok, at least it's $400 and not $4,000 and Brandon isn't having problems right now and is being a completely awesome person which I am forever grateful every day for. So this is just a small bump in the road compared to other things in life. Everyone is healthy including my 17 year old dog! I actually have alot to be grateful for!
Guess that's is, back to the grind tomorrow!

4 comments:

Kim said...

I did not spell a lot alot, I don't know how that happened.

Lisa said...

I had a fraudulent charge on my debit card once. For $199!! That's where it hurts becuase that money was substracted from my checking account. It took about a week to get my money back, but all is well. The charge was from some place in the UK. A lot of times it's international. I'm sure it will be all cleared up, but it's unnerving, I know.

Dogs Mom said...

I love that Whitney is having such a great time with life - unlike woodstock who can't pee without someone holding her hand. It just goes to show you that there are opportunities out there for EVERYONE!!! You are a great mother and have done a phenomenal (sp?) job! You should be proud (as I know you are) that you have a daughter who has had someone like you to show her how to live!!!

Kim said...

Awwww, you just made me feel so awesome! Thanks, I really do try, I know I don't always do everything right, no one does, I guess. I am flying by the seat of my pants most days. I have had great support too in my life. I love my friends!