Saturday, July 21, 2007

The fair and other news

Well we went to the fair yesterday and a good time was had by all. Whitney's new boyfriend Dave ( he is the one that was attacked in Clifton ) and his mom met us there. He is so cute. Of course he is 6'2". I swear she is never going to find a short fella. That's ok, I just can't get over how cute and sweet he is. His story is so sad though, he had a band and was in the wrong place and a gang attacked him. He had 4 broken ribs, both lungs were punctured and a brain injury. He was in a coma for 79 days. Breaks my heart. It really hits me too because Brandon is the same age as him and this kind of thing could happen to anybody. I took a picture of him and Whitney, I will post it as soon as I learn how.
I got stupid news at the gynocologist this past week. She wants me to stop eating sugar. WHAT???? I told her I didn't think she realized what a sugar addict I was, I mean crap, it's my only vice. She told me I could eat it twice a week. It is her thinking that the reason I am getting recurring yeast infections is an overload of sugar. I tend to agree with her since I never got them before ( unless I was taking an antibiotic) I stopped smoking, started eating lots of sugar and gained weight. Which brings us to the fact that she want me to lose weight. Dang. She said it's not that it's that bad, but it will keep getting worse. She said in 2001 I weighed 120. Dang. Then she didn't like something on my left breast. She said she wasn't worried though, but I have to go get my mammogram and then she wants to see me again after I have 2 more periods. In September I guess. Wish I would never had went to see the gynocologist. I used to like her.
Daryl finally got his new tattoo. His last appt. was cancelled because Roy was in the hospital with kidney stones - ouch. So he got it Thursday night and it looks very cool, I like it a lot. I will post a picture
of it too when I figure it out. I guess I will be done for now, gotta go to the basement and finish laundry. Are we all still meeting for lunch Wednesday?

3 comments:

Lisa said...

It sounds like you had fun at the fair!! But I didn't see anything about the delicious food that I'm sure was eaten. :-) (I now have 2 or 3 more soap magazines for you.)

Kim said...

Yay, soap magazines, I will have them in 3 days! You know I only ate a corn dog. I had big plans for all kinds of food, but I just wasn't hungry anymore. Weird

Lisa said...

I do love the corn dogs!! At least you indulged a little. When we're in Michigan in a couple of weeks, it will be Swinging Bridge Days (I'll have to explain later), but I am so getting an elephant ear. I love 'em!!