Thursday, June 28, 2007

Mean cat from you know where is gone

Ok, so when we took Mama to the vet last night ( more on this in a few), she gave us a trap to trap mean cat in. Daryl baited it up when we got home and he was in it in a matter of minutes. You won't believe this, but after all the grief, and $ spent, we felt sorry for the stupid thing. He looked pitiful sitting there in that cage. It's not his fault no one ever took care of him. I still hate him pretty much though. Anyway, there is this guy that comes into Daryl's shop for hoses and he lives out there in West Chester on a lot of land and told Daryl he could drop him off out there. So that's what he did this morning, now whether he stays or not, I don't know. I hope we didn't make a mistake not taking him to the pound. There's are no other cats around this guys property, so hopefully he won't have anyone to torment. The vet said he could have been trying to mate with Mama. Excuse me stupid head, she is fixed. Vet said it doesn't matter with male cats, they don't know they're fixed nor do they care.
So now about Mama. She has a torn third eyelid, a blood clot and lacerations on her eye. She gave her anti inflammatory to take by mouth, pain medicine eye drops and antibiotic eye creme. She will see her in a week and hopefull she will be ok and not have to have her eye removed. The pain medicine eye drops make her foam at the mouth, I mean real, real, bad, like for 10 minutes. It is wicked. Good thing the vet told us this would happen or we would have thought she was dying. She is such a good girl though, she just lets us put all this stuff in her eye and mouth and doesn't make a peep. Speaking of which, it is time for the wicked scary drops, I have to go up and put those in, yikes. Then I will run to the basement again.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Stop it, you are cracking me up! Actually, don't stop, laughing is good. I am glad that old stupid meanie cat was saved too. He better hope Mama doesn't lose her eye so I can keep being glad. Hopefully he will catch lots of mice in his new digs.

Diane said...

Poor momma, maybe she will be ok. I hope so, I wouldn't be that nice if some one hust my Fergie.

Kim said...

What does hust mean? Ha, ha. Mama will be ok, I hope we don't have to change her name to one eye...

Diane said...

That is one of "my" new words. it means hurt real bad! Ain't nobody gonna hust Gracie either.